2017 was a pretty amazing year for me as I finally visited my Top 3 travel destinations. And yes, as I expected, I fell in love with them three. I keep hoping and wishing to return to the paradise islands of the South Pacific sometime soon and ideally, to live there for a few years. Who knows?! Maybe in the second part of 2018?!
TRAVEL PLANS FOR FIRST SEMESTER OF 2018
For now, I know I will continue living in Spain until end of July and so I have already planned a few weekend getaways, short escapes and not-so-short trips around Europe during the first semester of 2018. These are in my travel bucket list of the first half of the year:
- Quick getaway to Barcelona.
- Re-visiting Paris in spring.
- First-time visit to Salzburg and Hallstatt in Austria.
- Road trip along the Romantic Road in Germany.
- Experiencing the beautiful cherry and almond blossoms in Western Spain.
- Re-visiting Seville in spring.
- First-time visit to Poland.
- Getaway to romantic Prague.
- Getaway to Bulgaria’s capital, Sofia.
- Exploring Portugal.
- Road trip around Romania.
- Exploring the Balkan Area in detail for the first-time; including Croatia, Bosnia Herzegovina, Montenegro and Serbia.
- Getaway to the Balearic Islands in Summer.
- First-time visit to Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia in summer.
TRAVEL WISHES FOR THE SECOND SEMESTER OF 2018
As for the second semester of the year, I am quite uncertain where my family will be living: perhaps still Madrid or somewhere in Europe or a very far away land, so there are no plans for then yet. I only have a few first-time visits on my bucket list items I would LOVE to do but might possibly have to wait for 2019.
- Sri Lanka (it was on my travel bucket list of 2017 but I couldn’t make it happen).
- Myanmar (it was also on my 2017 list but it didn’t happen either).
- Scuba dive in a few specific locations in Indonesia (this Mermaid is missing her fish friends too much!).
- Visiting the Himalayas in India.
These are my plans and wishes so far but I am open for more suggestions from everyone, so please comment below or email me with any interesting travel ideas you might have! What is in your travel bucket list for 2018?